momstown may make changes to the Agreement from time to time in its sole discretion, and will post any such changes on the Web Site. Each time changes are made to the Agreement, notice of these changes will be posted on the home page. Your continued use of the Web Site or attendance at events following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of any such changes.
If you have any questions or concerns with respect to the Agreement or the Web site you may contact email@example.com
Web Site Intended Audience
This Web Site is intended for and directed to adults (ages 18 and up) in the Halton region of Ontario, Canada.
The information communicated on the Web Site constitutes an electronic communication. When you communicate with us through the Web Site or via other forms of electronic media, such as e-mail, you are communicating with us electronically. You agree that we may communicate electronically and that such communications, as well as notices, disclosures, agreements, and other communications that we provide to you electronically, are equivalent to communications in writing and shall have the same force and effect as if they were in writing and signed by the party sending the communication.
Compliance With Laws
You agree to comply with all applicable local laws regarding your use of the Web Site, including, without limitation, laws regarding import/export of technical data by virtue of your online transmission.
You understand and agree that all text, graphics, software, music, sound, photographs, videos, messages, posts, data, information, or other materials (“Content”) are the sole responsibility of the person with whom the Content originated. Thus, you are responsible for all Content that you disseminate or transmit through or by means of the Web Site. You agree that you will not use the Web Site in any way to:
- post, disseminate, or transmit any Content that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, harmful, tortuous, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- post, disseminate, or transmit any Content that infringes or violates any party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or other proprietary right, including, but not limited to, using third-party copyrighted materials without appropriate permission, using third-party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, and using or distributing third-party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality;
- post, disseminate, or transmit any worms, viruses, or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files, code, or programs;
- post, disseminate, or transmit any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, spam, junk mail, or any other type of unsolicited mass e-mail to people or entities that have not agreed to be part of such mailings;
- impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; intentionally omit, delete, forge, or misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return mailing, and Internet protocol addresses; or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Web Site;
- post, disseminate, or transmit any Content you do not have the right to post, disseminate, or transmit;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
- interfere with, disrupt, or harm in any way the Web Site or servers or networks connected to the Web Site;
- electronically or personally stalk or otherwise harass another user;
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to collecting and distributing information about other users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law;
- use the Web Site for any illegal purpose, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or in violation of the rules of any other Web site’s providers, Web sites, chat rooms, or the like; or
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, national, or international law or any regulations having the force of law.
Protection of Intellectual Rights and License
You acknowledge that content available through the Web Site, including, without limitation, content in the form of text, graphics, software, music, sound, photographs, and videos, and content provided by suppliers, sponsors, or third-party advertisers (“Intellectual Property Rights”), is protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by momstown herein, you agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, license, reverse engineer, or create derivative works based on the Web Site or any content (including, without limitation, any software) available through the Web Site. You are hereby granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to view, copy, print, and distribute content retrieved from the Web Site for your personal, noncommercial purposes, provided that you do not remove or obscure the copyright notice or other notices displayed on the content. You may not copy, reprint, modify, distribute, or sell content retrieved from the Web Site in any way, for any commercial use or provide it to any commercial source, including other Web sites, regardless of whether you receive compensation, without the prior written permission of momstown. You may not frame any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information on this Web Site without the express written consent of momstown. Except as expressly provided in the Agreement, nothing contained in the Agreement or on the Web Site shall be construed as conferring any other license or right, expressly, by implication, by estoppels, or otherwise under any of momstown’s Intellectual Property Rights or under any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
User Content and Correspondence
Storage of Content
You agree that momstown may establish, in its sole discretion and without prior notice to you, a maximum amount of storage space for Content maintained, disseminated, or transmitted through the Web Site. You agree that momstown has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of or failure to store any messages, communications, or other Content maintained, disseminated, or transmitted through the Web Site.
Your Contact With Advertisers or Other Third Parties
Your dealings with advertisers or other third parties found on or through the Web Site are solely between you and the third party. These dealings include, but are not limited to, your participation in promotions, the payment for and delivery of items if any, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings. momstown does not make any representations or warranties with respect to any items or services that may be obtained from such third parties, and you agree that momstown will have no liability with respect to any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any dealings between you and any third party, or as a result of the presence of such third parties on the Web Site.
Links to Other Web sites
The Web Site, or third parties on the Web Site, may provide links to other sites and/or resources, including advertisers, over which momstown has no control. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users and should not be construed as an endorsement by momstown of content, items, or services on those third-party Web sites. You access and use such sites, including the content, items, or services on those sites, solely at your own risk. momstown makes no representations or warranties with respect to the Content, ownership, or legality of any such linked Web sites. You agree that momstown has no responsibility or liability for the availability of such external sites or resources, or for the Content, advertising, products, or other materials available through such sites or resources. Linking to momstown?You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of momstown so long as the link does not portray momstown, its affiliates, or their items or services in a false, misleading, or offensive matter. You may not use any momstown logo or graphic or trademark as part of the link without the express written permission of momstown.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
momstown asks our users to respect the intellectual property of others. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512, momstown has designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide momstown Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Momstown’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of the written notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 6 above:
- momstown shall remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- momstown shall forward the written notification to such alleged infringer (“Subscriber”); and
- momstown shall take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
If Subscriber believes that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against it and it would like to submit a counter-notification, it may file a Counter-Notification in Response to Claim of Copyright Infringement with momstown Copyright Agent. To be effective, a Counter-Notification must be a written communication provided to the momstown’s Copyright Agent for Notice that includes the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the Subscriber;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the Subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- The Subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the Subscriber’s address is outside of Canada, for any judicial district in which momstown may be found, and that the Subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person
Upon receipt of a Counter-Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above:
- momstown shall promptly provide you with a copy of the Counter-Notification;
- momstown shall inform you that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days; and
- momstown shall replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter-Notification, provided momstown’s Copyright Agent for Notice has not received notice from you that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on momstown network or system.
You may want to seek the advice of independent legal counsel before filing a notification or counter-notification.
THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ADVICE AND RECOMMENDATIONS) AND SERVICES ON THE WEB SITE ARE INTENDED SOLELY AS A GENERAL EDUCATIONAL AID AND ARE NEITHER MEDICAL NOR HEALTHCARE ADVICE FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL PROBLEM NOR A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND SERVICES FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER FAMILIAR WITH YOUR UNIQUE FACTS. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER REGARDING ANY MEDICAL CONDITION AND BEFORE STARTING ANY NEW TREATMENT. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE WEB SITE IS INTENDED TO BE USED FOR MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT NEITHER MOMSTOWN NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR USERS ARE ENGAGED IN RENDERING LEGAL, MEDICAL, COUNSELING, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS SUBJECT TO THE ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS AND CAVEATS THAT MAY APPEAR THROUGHOUT THE WEB SITE. MOMSTOWN AND ITS AGENTS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR OTHER MATERIAL ON THE WEB SITE. WHILE MOMSTOWN STRIVES TO KEEP THE INFORMATION ON THE WEB SITE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, AND UP-TO-DATE, MOMSTOWN AND ITS SUPPLIERS CANNOT GUARANTEE, AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS RELATED TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE INFORMATION.
This Web site (“Web Site”) is owned by momstown, inc. All right to, title to, and interest in the content displayed on the Web Site, including but not limited to the Web Site’s look and feel, data, information, text, graphics, images, sound or video materials, designs, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and URL, are the property of momstown or its respective partners, agents, or third parties.
Disclaimer of Warranties With Respect to Use of Web Site
THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED HEREIN, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MOMSTOWN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.MOMSTOWN DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ACCESS TO THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED. MOMSTOWN MAKES NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEB SITE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, QUALITY, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE.YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEB SITE IS USED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA.NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MOMSTOWN OR THROUGH THE WEB SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
Limitations of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL MOMSTOWN BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM (1) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WEB SITE; (2) THE ATTENDANCE OF ANY SCHEDULED EVENTS AND THE ACTS THAT OCCUR DURING THAT TIME; (3) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (4) THE STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEB SITE; OR (5) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEB SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT MOMSTOWN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless momstown, its directors, officers, employees, agents, co-branders, subsidiaries, parents, and affiliates, from and against any and all liability, losses, claims, demands, disputes, damages, and costs of any kind, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation resulting from or in any way connected with your use of the Web Site and its events; Content you submit, post, or transmit through the Web Site; your breach of the Agreement; and your connection to the Web Site.
Modification or Suspension of the Web Site
You agree that momstown may, in its sole discretion, and at any time, modify, discontinue, or suspend its operation of this Web Site, or any part thereof, temporarily or permanently, without notice to you, and you agree that momstown will not be liable for the consequences of doing so.
You agree that momstown may, in its sole discretion, and at any time, terminate your use of the Web Site, and may remove or delete any or all of your Content within the Web Site, without prior notice to you for any reason that momstown, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate. You further agree that momstown will not be liable to you or to any third party for the consequences of any termination of your use of or access to the Web Site. In the event of any termination of your use of or access to the Web Site, you agree that the provisions of the Agreement regarding Protection of Intellectual Property Rights and License, Indemnification, Disclaimer or Warranties, Limitations of Liability, and Applicable Law shall survive any such termination.
Severability of Agreement
If any provision of the Agreement is found by a court or other binding authority to be invalid, you agree that every attempt shall be made to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in that provision, and the remaining provisions contained in the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Limitations of Actions Brought Against Momstown You agree that any claim or cause of action arising out of your use of the Web Site and its services or the Agreement must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or it shall forever be barred, notwithstanding any statute of limitations or other law to the contrary.
The Agreement and the resolution of any dispute related to the Agreement, the Web Site, or activities you participate in through the site, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any legal action or proceeding between momstown and you related to the Agreement shall be brought exclusively in a provincial court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Ontario, and you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.